Monogrammed Muffins. ©
These are my husband's favorites… Healthy, gluten free, naturally sweetened jalapeño cornbread. The monogramming was a last minute and happy accident because my jalapeños broke. 😂✔️ #markyourmuffin
* 3 Tbsp melted ghee (or if vegan, use butter alternative or preferably something healthier like coconut oil - not as creamy but...)
* 1/3 c unsweetened applesauce
* ¼ c honey
* I add a little Stevia (to taste) or you can use 1/8 cup coconut sugar
* 1 large egg (leave out if vegan, they will just not be as fluffy. Or use vegan egg substitute like flax egg or plantain seed "egg")
* 1 cup almond milk (or other nut milk) + 1 Tbsp vinegar
* 1 cup non-gmo cornmeal
* 2/3 GF flour (such as Bob Red Mill all purpose gf flour)
* ½ tsp salt
* ½ tsp baking soda
* 2 jalapeños, seeded and divided (1 minced for batter, 1 sliced to form your chosen letter or symbol for muffin top)
~Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and lightly grease muffin pan with coconut oil or olive oil.
~Put melted “butter” in a mixing bowl.
~Add applesauce, stevia, coconut sugar, honey, (egg if using) and whisk to combine.
~Next add 1 of the jalapenos, salt, baking soda, (diced and seeded) and whisk.
~Pour in nut milk and stir again until combined.
~Now add cornmeal and GF flour of your choice and stir. If it looks too thin add a little more flour. Too thick, add more nut milk.
~Pour batter evenly into 12 muffin tin pan and top each with a slice of jalapeño. You can get creative with your monogram here!
~Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Remove from oven and let cool for a few mins before serving.
~these will last for several days in airtight container.